TOOLMAKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Dudley Associates Limited will act to supply injection mould tooling which has been manufactured to the dimensions as determined by the Clients’ CAD data, and incorporating typical material shrinkage values as indicated by the manufacturers’ data available for the specified polymer.
- Suitability of the component design for the injection moulding process remains the responsibility of the Client (unless Dudley Associates have been commissioned to supply the component design). As such, any additional handling or equipment which may later be required in order to form, stabilise, or shape a part to achieve the Clients’ component design will be chargeable to the Client. This does not apply to those features of a component which are considered dependant on the correct moulding of a part by utilising the optimal process condition settings.
- Dudley Associates Limited reserves the right to re-quote moulding and tooling prices if the Clients’ component data supplied for manufacture differs from that which was supplied for the quotation.
- Should a part be out of tolerance to the component design as a result of errors made by Dudley Associates Limited, this will be corrected in a timely manner and free of charge
- Dudley Associates Limited will refer to the industry standard, BS7010:1988 Code of Practice for a System of Tolerances for the Dimensions of Plastics Moulding, for calculating or advising achievable component tolerances.
- Dudley Associates Limited may be able to advise where component warpage, sinkage, marking, or sticking-in due to Clients’ part geometry could be of concern. Tool modifications arising from warpage, shrinkage, marking or sticking-in problems due to a Clients’ part geometry may be chargeable.
- Once tooling has been trialled, and sample parts submitted and approved by the Client, Dudley Associates Limited reserves the right to re-quote for supply of further parts based on any additional product/processing information established during the development phase.
- Tool wear will affect the life of a mould tool and is dependent on such things as the abrasive effect of the polymer being moulded, handling, and natural wear on any moving parts. Tool life can only be guaranteed for tooling moulded internally at Dudley Associates Limited due to the degree of familiarisation needed when processing aluminium tooling.
- If insert (modular) tooling has been specifically requested by a Client we will use our own tool bolster as expected. The Client must be aware that they will require their own bolster to be manufactured should the inserts need to be moulded outside of Dudley Associates Limited. We would be happy to quote for this work.
- Tool trial samples are limited to between 5 and 10 mouldings of an individual part (depending on size, scheduling and polymer availability) unless other agreements are made and confirmed in writing.
- Delivery times quoted are very competitive but can often be reduced further if they are a critical factor of the project. If you require this Expedited Service please ask.
- Client changes to a component design after the tool design has commenced may be chargeable and could delay delivery dates originally quoted for tooling or mouldings.
- Where over-moulded inserts are used during moulding it should be accepted that extra parts should be supplied to us over and above the quantity of finished samples ordered, to allow for wastage due to the stabilisation of processing conditions and tool trialling. In addition, internal quality procedures determine that one ‘first-off’ and one ‘last-off’ sample will be retained from each batch run.
- Inspection and conformity of inserts or materials supplied to us and/or sourced by the Client is the sole responsibility of the Client. Additional work, handling, equipment or repairs incurred as a result of the use of such goods, which are subsequently found to be out of tolerance or unsuitable, may be chargeable.
- Clients can take full ownership of the tooling upon payment of all outstanding invoices. Clients keep their tooling at Dudley Associates for subsequent supply of mouldings and maintenance. We must advise that if there is no call off for parts from a tool for a period exceeding 18 months then the Buyer will be contacted, and if unavailable, notified at their registered address and have tooling returned at their cost and risk.
- Insurance of tooling, if required, is the responsibility of the Client.
- Please be aware that the Manufacturers supply polymers using a price-break system typically based on 25kg, 50kg, 100kg, 250kg, 500kg, and 1 tonne drops. As such, we may at times advise a minimum order quantity or ‘excess’ material charge in order to provide the best unit price.
- The Company reserves the right at any time to withdraw any credit terms granted and charge interest on accounts which remain unpaid 30 days after the payment request date at the rate of 3% above the Bank of England minimum lending rate, and such accounts will be passed to a debt recovery agency or solicitor, and all costs incurred will be recoverable from the Client.
- Dudley Associates Limited retain the right to amend these terms and conditions via the website only
- Details provided on this website are for information purposes only
- Dudley Associates may reply to people who have contacted us in order to forward communications regarding our services.
- The content of this website is copyright to Dudley Associates Limited and may not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission
Dudley Associates Limited, registered office 401-402 Cirencester Business Park, Love Lane, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1XD, UK, registered No. 2508699
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Dudley Associates collect and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- - To improve our SiteWe continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- - To improve customer serviceYour information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- - To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site featureTo send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
+44 (0)1455 558 825
Dudley Associates Ltd, 3 Elizabethan Way, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4ND, United Kingdom